Thursday, September 6, 2012

Singapore

Singapore was amazing. It is a beautiful city with so many impressive things to see! My feet were killing me by the end, because we were walking around the majority of our 36 hours there. We had dinner in Little India, which was a fun district to explore and a very delicious dinner. After that we went to the Arab Quarter and stopped at a hookah bar. Then we went to the square where all the night clubs were, and because we didn't want to pay $15 for a drink, we spent most of the night bouncing between clubs, hanging out at the nearby bridge, and dancing by the beautiful fountain that was in the center of the square.

The next day we saw the smaller Merlion, which was just as great as it sounds, and made a trip back to the Arab Quarter for lunch and a look at the beautiful Mosque there in the daylight. Then I took a quick nap (we were up until 4 or 5am) before heading out again to see the super trees. The super trees look like something from Avatar. Its an incredible garden that is hard to explain, so I will attach photos. On our way to see the super trees, we stumbled upon a laser light show that had holograms, music, fog, fire, and bubbles included, and was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. It was like magic. Which reminds me, one of my friends called Singapore "Disneyland for adults", which I completely agree with, there are so many entertaining things to do and awesome things to see. Including the largest Ferris Wheel I've ever seen.

After the garden we went on top of the tallest building in Singapore (I think), and the design is three pillars with a giant ship on top. It is very impressive, and the view from the top was incredible. There was a fee to see the view, which gave you access to the restaurant and the night club, but the infinity pool was for hotel guests only. The view was totally worth it. I would return to Singapore in a heart beat, it was the cleanest safest feeling city I have ever visited. I loved it!

Pictures coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment